If you have any questions that are not answered within these FAQ's, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on travel and accomodation, you will find here.
What is triathlon?
A triathlon is a multi-disciplined sporting event in which each competitor starts with a swim, then cycles and then runs. Between each discipline, the competitor returns to the transition area, where the bike is racked during the swim and the run, and changes over from swim to bike and from bike to run. This open event has one transition area in the parking lot between Victoria Street and Church Street.
How can I enter?
Entry is now open for all races across the weekend. Enter online here.
In which distances can I participate?
We are offering the following distances as individual and relay.
- Standard Distance = 1500m swim; 40km bike; 10km run
- Sprint Distance = 750m swim; 20km bike; 7.5km run
What is the minimum age?
The ITU World Triathlon Bermuda s is open to the following ages:
- Standard Distance - Ages 18 and over
- Sprint Distance - Ages 16 and over
How does the relay work?
Relay teams will compete over either the Standard distance or the Sprint distance. There can be two or three people competing as a team under one race number. One team member will swim the 1500m or 750m swim course, one team member will cycle the 40km or 20km bike course, and the third team member will run the 10km or 7.5km run course. If there are two in a team, one person can do two disciplines. All team members have access to the transition areas. There is one timing chip worn by the swimmer first (on the ankle), then handed to the cyclist at the racked bike in Transition 1, where the timing chip is placed around the cyclist’s left ankle. During the cycle, the runner waits in Transition 2 by the empty racking position, and when the cyclist arrives and racks the bike, the timing chip is placed around the ankle of the runner before she/he starts the run.
How can I update my personal details on my entry?
Login to your myevents.active.com page and select ‘Edit registration information’ and follow the instructions there.
Where can I buy merchandising from the event?
From August till the 15th of march 2018 you can buy the merchandise through your active account. As soon as the merchandise is available, you can login to your account on myevents.active.com/
Details will follow.
What is planned as side events?
We will have multiple days of activities and festivities going on in Bermuda - the BERMUDA TRIATHLON FESTIVAL week is waiting for you!
Besides the races we will offer e.g. a kids race, an aquathlon and a 5k run - more details will follow soon.
I wish to start with my friends. What can I do?
Waves will be organised in age group categories and therefore unfortunately cannot be changed.
I want to start with my colleagues. Will you offer a Corporate Challenge?
We will offer a Corporate Challenge where you can race against other companies and raise your chance to win the overall ranking within the Corporate Rankings.
Besides that, we are offering a hospitality area.
More details follow soon.
What are the most important rules that must be followed?
Some of the most important rules relate to the cycle section and transition. For example:
- Your cycle helmet must be on your head and fastened whenever you are in contact with your bike. So don’t take the bike off the rack until your helmet is on and done up, and don’t unfasten your helmet until your bike is back on the rack after your cycle section.
- You must rack your bike in the correct allotted space in transition.
- You must not mark your position in the transition in any way.
- You must not use headphones or a mobile phone either in transition or at any time during the race.
- No drafting on the bike course - which means not cycling too close to the bike in front.
- Your race number should be worn on your back for the cycle and on your front for the run. This is most easily achieved using a number belt, which you have to provide yourself.
Do you offer travel packages?
We will offer travel packages very soon to make your triathlon week in Bermuda more enjoyable.
What is the best way getting to Bermuda?
Here you will find the best way getting to the Island of Bermuda.
Does the Island of Bermuda have any special travel requirements?
Click here to learn more about for passport and travel requirements.